Scientific Advisory Panel
Sheila Patel, MD
Chief Medical Advisor
She has offered integrative medical consultations, developed signature programs and products for health and wellbeing, and leads health training at Chopra partnership properties. She is a regular contributor on the Chopra website and provides articles on all aspects of mind-body health.
In addition to certifications in meditation, yoga, and Ayurvedic lifestyle, Dr. Patel is a board certified family physician. For more than a decade, she practiced full-spectrum family medicine, from prenatal care and deliveries, to ER coverage, and inpatient and outpatient primary care for all ages. She continues to see patients in an outpatient family medicine practice in Southern California bringing holistic healing tools and practices to her patients to help them live to their fullest potential. She maintains a voluntary clinical position at the University of San Diego School of Medicine in the Department of Family Medicine and Public Health and is a guest speaker at various wellbeing and scientific conferences. Dr. Patel believes the best way to achieve wellness is to integrate all of the knowledge available to us, from modern medicine as well as from traditional healing systems. Her hope is that more people will gain access to these life-enhancing techniques and learn how to implement them into their lives for optimal mind, body, spirit, and wellbeing.
- Chief Medical Officer for Chopra Global and has been an educator and leader at Chopra since 2010.
- At the Chopra Center for Wellbeing she was Medical Director of the Mind-Body Medical Group.
- Provided integrative and Ayurvedic consultations to participants of the Perfect Health program, a 6-day Ayurvedic immersion program.
- Content developer and lead educator for Chopra certifications and retreats.
- By verifying the benefits of these practices, more people will gain access to these life-enhancing techniques and shift the paradigm of healing to help people thrive and reach their full potential.
Suhas Kshirsagar BAMS, MD
Chief Ayurvedic Advisor
Dr. Suhas is a classically trained Ayurvedic Physician with over 30 years of Clinical Experience. He is a Best-Selling Author, Motivational Speaker and an acclaimed Educator in the field of Ayurveda & Integrative Medicine. He has traveled around the globe popularizing Ayurveda, Yoga, Meditation & Natural Medicine. He has Chaired & designed curriculums for several Ayurvedic schools including Mount Madonna College of Ayurveda, Kerala Ayurveda Academy and Maharishi University. He is an adviser to National Ayurvedic Medical Association. He is an Adviser to the Chopra Center and is the Director of Ayurvedic Healing, an Integrative Wellness and Pancha Karma Clinic in Santa Cruz, CA.
- Formulated highly successful herbal products generating multi-million dollars in revenues.
- Featured in many popular Podcasts, Radio & Television shows.
- His popular books are: The Hot Belly Diet, Change Your Schedule Change Your Life & The Art & Science of Vedic Counseling.
- Ping Pong
- Outdoors & traveling